Phone or email us to book an appointment (punctures and en-route mechanicals – just drop in!)
Unlike most bike shops, we don’t have fixed-price servicing – instead, bring your bike in on the pre-arranged day – we will either assess the work and give you a price there and then, or if we are busy, we will call you with an estimate prior to carrying out any work to ensure you are happy with us to proceed. We find that this is a more accurate way of pricing, so you only pay for work that needs doing.
We aim to turn around work same day (providing all the necessary parts are in stock) and we will call you to let you know when the work is completed.
Pick up your bike and ride away with a smile on your face 🙂
A few further notes regarding repair work.
- We always try to give the most accurate assessment of costs involved, but sometimes there issues get spotted whilst we are working on them.
- We therefore reserve the right to exceed any estimated bill by up to £20 before seeking your approval – though we will always endeavour to stay within the estimated costs.
- Our number one priority is to ensure that bikes leave the shop in a suitably roadworthy condition. If we are asked to carry out limited work that still leaves the bike in an unsafe state, we may refuse to carry out such work.
- As with an MOT on a car, we have an advisory section at the bottom of our invoices. This is so we may advise you of any other potential future issues we have picked up during the repair process.
- Please ensure that your bike is ‘clean’ when you bring it in. If we have to clean your bike in order to service it properly, we will charge extra for having to do so as this takes time and effort.
The Value of Regular Bicycle Servicing
Bicycles are fantastic machines, in that they can often go for a long period and continue to get you from A to B, even even when neglected and ‘ridden into the ground’. Sometimes customers will only bring their bike in when something fails completely.
HOWEVER…. regular maintenance and servicing not only makes the bike more efficient, comfortable and most importantly, safer to ride… it will also ensure the longevity of the components and save you money in the long-run.
Building a good relationship of trust and mutual appreciation has been our aim as a business and we have many respected long-term customers and repeat business.
Our Team are all friendly and very knowledgeable and passionate about bikes and cycling. Don’t be afraid to ask questions – we’re here to help.
We are experienced wheel builders and can hand-build you something to your own specifications that will last you years. Please ask for details.